Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS Simulator hangs on startup

ANSWERED

I'm trying to use the FitBit OS Simulator on MacOS 11.6 and following the "Getting Started" tutorial for app development: https://dev.fitbit.com/getting-started/#get-ready-

When I open the Fitbit OS Simulator, it says "No applications are installed" and the watch face shows the loading icon indefinitely. In Fitbit Studio I can see and connect to the simulator, but the "Run" button is greyed out so I can't click on it. I tried a few things like changing the device type in the Simulator and deleting the "~/Library/Application Support/Fitbit OS Simulator" folder as suggested in another thread, but nothing seems to work. 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@klundquist-  the problem might be related to this if you haven't followed the best answer yet.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @klundquist  - In the Fitbit OS Simulator, Settings you select a watch type and the two items at the top should say connected.

As it's new there will be no running apps. 

In Fitbit Studio you click to connect to the watch type and it should connect to that watch and will display connected with a green button and then Run will be enabled.

There could be an issue in the browser where this doesn't happen but it works in the PC world with the right browser.

Best Answer

Hi @Guy_ - Thanks for your response. That makes sense that it's an issue with connecting rather than the OS Simulator not working properly. In Fitbit Studio I can connect to "Simulator" under Phones, but under Devices it says "No devices available." I tried this in Chrome and Safari and got the same result. Any ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@klundquist-  the problem might be related to this if you haven't followed the best answer yet.

Best Answer

This solved the issue. Thanks so much for your help!

Best Answer