Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Studio on PC vs Mac

I do the majority of my Fitbit clockface development on a PC using the Chrome browser, but sometimes I use a Macbook Air. I noticed today that my project runs fine on Windows, but I get the error jerryscript out of memory message on the Mac. So I build the project on Windows and test on the watch and it works fine. I assumed that it didnt matter what kind of computer Fitbit Studio was running on, but it feels like it matters, which is unexpected.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

That's unexpected. Are you able to provide a download link to the project export? Feel free to send it to me as a private message if you prefer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, maybe instead of using my project code Fitbit could setup some generic projects designed as stress-tests to help reveal Fitbit Studio performance issues. It's all about managing the memory heap size. That is the trickest part and still a bit mysterious and unresolved in my experience. I'm in the high 50s- low 60s (kB)...still looking for ways to bring it down. Anyway, for the issues I previously mentioned the apple computer is a 2012-ish Macbook Air running latest iOS with chrome browser. And for PC, well, my project compiles and runs on every PC I've tried. Just FYI. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have a suite of internal tests, but if your application is already exhibiting this issue then it would be ideal if you could provide it so we can troubleshoot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally logical, but I feel oddly protective over the code of my clockface project. I know it is probably far from perfect, but I'm clearly having trouble letting it go. Haha. Sorry for being irrational. I spent a considerable amount of time building it. If Fitbit wants to offer me a job, that would be different, but they probably won't and I'm not actually looking. 

I would just offer that for Mac computers it feels like the memory threshold for successfully running a Fitbit Studio project is less than if the same project was running on a PC. For example, I can remove aspects of the project to free up memeory to get it running on a Mac...but of course I lose features...which is not good. I'm finding it to be a real balancing act of adding clockface capability while keeping the memory from going over the max threshold. I find it very challenging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There really shouldn't be a difference between platforms. Can you compare the fba file produced, is it identical?

We aren't really interested in your project source code, good or bad, but you're experiencing an issue with this project that we haven't seen before, and we'll need that project to reproduce it. You don't have to share it publicly, just send me a link to the project export via a private message.

Best Answer
0 Votes