Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get fitbit device data using web application

ANSWERED

Hello Team,

I have some questions regarding fitbit:

a) I am developing a web application and wants to get fitbit device data into my web application.

I need to get following device data into my web app: Ace,One,Zip,Flex,Flex 2,Alta,Alta HR,Charge,Charge 2,Charge HR,Versa,Ionic,Surge and Blaze.

On the basis of device name I need to fetch following data:

Steps and Activity

Calories Burned

Floors Climbed

Clock/Time

Sleep Tracking and Silent Alarm

Sleep Stages (Light, Deep, REM)

Female Health Tracking

Smart Track

Reminders to Move Swim-proof

Multi-Sport Tracking

Heart Rate Tracking

Cardio-fitness level

On-screen workouts

Built-in GPS

Connected GPS Call & Text Notifications

Quick Replies*

Calendar Alerts

Apps Stores Music

Make Payments

Music Control Guided

Breathing Sessions

Fitbit Accessories

Designer Accessories

Customizable Clock Face

But I have not found any reference link by which I can get client device data using my web application.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

As @manojdubey mentioned, the way to get that information is by using our Web API: check the documentation.

Note that it doesn't matter from which device the data come from: everything is synced on the user account. Note that some of the information you want to access isn't all data Web API can provide (example: accessories), but you'll be able to get information about activities, weight, food, sleep and heart rate.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

You need to use Oauth2.0 authentication to do this. Using such application you can enter fitbit server and then using their different URLs can get different forms of data in JSON form.

@anusha.saxena wrote:

Hello Team,

I have some questions regarding fitbit:

a) I am developing a web application and wants to get fitbit device data into my web application.

I need to get following device data into my web app: Ace,One,Zip,Flex,Flex 2,Alta,Alta HR,Charge,Charge 2,Charge HR,Versa,Ionic,Surge and Blaze.

On the basis of device name I need to fetch following data:

Steps and Activity

Calories Burned

Floors Climbed

Clock/Time

Sleep Tracking and Silent Alarm

Sleep Stages (Light, Deep, REM)

Female Health Tracking

Smart Track

Reminders to Move Swim-proof

Multi-Sport Tracking

Heart Rate Tracking

Cardio-fitness level

On-screen workouts

Built-in GPS

Connected GPS Call & Text Notifications

Quick Replies*

Calendar Alerts

Apps Stores Music

Make Payments

Music Control Guided

Breathing Sessions

Fitbit Accessories

Designer Accessories

Customizable Clock Face

But I have not found any reference link by which I can get client device data using my web application.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

As @manojdubey mentioned, the way to get that information is by using our Web API: check the documentation.

Note that it doesn't matter from which device the data come from: everything is synced on the user account. Note that some of the information you want to access isn't all data Web API can provide (example: accessories), but you'll be able to get information about activities, weight, food, sleep and heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I want to sync fitbit client data into application database using scheduler or cron job. So basically I want to perform following operations:

a) I have a list of clients with fitbit device Id's.
b) I want to save my all clients data into database and saved data will be shown on website like heart rate/health data etc.
c) I am able to get client data through single authentication but I need a way to get data in one go from fitbit api.
d) I am using c# application.
e) Please suggest a way to get all clients data from fitbit server in one go so that I can save same into my database.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes