Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting console errors and such from a fba loaded via GAM

ANSWERED

I am developing for a Fitbit Versa Lite, which as discussed in my last post lacks the ability for developer bridge functionality. It was suggested to instead load the fba onto the device via a GAM and download it.
The one downside to this is the fact that I cannot see errors that would normally show up in the console. I'm thinking about maybe catching all errors and putting them into an HTML element so I can at least see them, Are there any other, better ways to go about doing this? many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello again. 🙂

I've been known to do what you described (and you can send them to companion, but that adds complications of its own).

There's this, but it won't give you system-generated messages. I don't think anything will, and it may be overkill.

Given the difficulty of debugging on Lite, you want to do as much as possible on the simulator.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello again. 🙂

I've been known to do what you described (and you can send them to companion, but that adds complications of its own).

There's this, but it won't give you system-generated messages. I don't think anything will, and it may be overkill.

Given the difficulty of debugging on Lite, you want to do as much as possible on the simulator.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

My specific issue being that, my app makes a fetch call to an api, and it works just fine on the simulator, but when I load the fba onto the Versa Lite it gets no response. So I would like to see that error message to see if the fitbit is lacking a permission or whatever the issue may be.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I forgot to mention it is the companion making the fetch call, not the device itself

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah; tricky. fetch() error messages are vague at the best of times. You're right that permissions is a candidate, because the sim tends to ignore them. Presumably you have access_internet granted.

Another possibility is security. The sim doesn't enforce https restrictions, but the Fitbit app on your phone will do so. There are very few addresses that can be accessed without https.

If desperate, you can put a temporary text element in your settings/index.jsx, and shove error messages into it from your companion.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes