Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Error installing app"

ANSWERED

Hi there,

Fitbit Studio is giving me the error "Error installing app" when I attempt to send an update to the Ionic. I receive no build errors and am able to push to the simulator perfectly well, but when using my phone and the Ionic, it fails. I did not have any trouble prior to a few days ago.

If it helps, this is the repo for the app, and I can provide any additional info that might be useful.

https://github.com/john-holland/day-maker

What's crumby too is that I want to publish this update, but refuse to if I can't test it on device!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Rebooting did nothing, though resetting to factory defaults worked. It's a little disappointing because it takes quite a while to re-update to OS2. Also there were a couple times when I could push a build to the device / phone sim, but not device and phone, then removing the app from the phone, and rerunning worked? A little strange, it works either way now.

Anyways, this isn't really an acceptable solution, so if this happens again, I'll try another route to fix it, (reinstalling the app, etc).

Off to test my app ... it's a sleep related test. One test I won't fail - good night!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Have you tried rebooting your device?

I would also try removing all side-loaded apps from the developer menu in the Fitbit mobile app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rebooting did nothing, though resetting to factory defaults worked. It's a little disappointing because it takes quite a while to re-update to OS2. Also there were a couple times when I could push a build to the device / phone sim, but not device and phone, then removing the app from the phone, and rerunning worked? A little strange, it works either way now.

Anyways, this isn't really an acceptable solution, so if this happens again, I'll try another route to fix it, (reinstalling the app, etc).

Off to test my app ... it's a sleep related test. One test I won't fail - good night!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to be very common and it's very frustrating.

I tried installing my app around 20 times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting this now, just re-installing from factory reset. Very irritating. Only wanted to test a small change!

Embedded developer, www.ambientpower.co.uk
Ukulele stuff, www.coolcatukes.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with a clock sample ;-(

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to do a factory reset.

Embedded developer, www.ambientpower.co.uk
Ukulele stuff, www.coolcatukes.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to factory reset too. I'm just trying to test the output of the clock app in the templates to just start developing so far so bad lol

Best Answer