Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help connecting Ionic to FitBit Studio

Brand new Ionic owner, and I'm trying to get started with the Ionic Getting Started tutorial.

FitBit Studio does not show my Ionic (or any devices). I was able to log in fine, and I'm on the same account for fitbit.com, FitBit Studio, and the FitBit app on my iPad.

The Ionic has version 31.1.16. There is no "Developer Bridge" option in the Settings app. So I can't figure out how to turn on Developer Bridge from the Ionic.  It's been quite a while since I signed into FitBit Studio and the app is not telling me there's a firmware update available.

I can go into Developer Menu in the FitBit app on my iPad and activate Developer Bridge there, and then I see the iPad in FitBit Studio, but I still don't see the Ionic in FitBit Studio.

I saw references to WiFi. I can't tell whether Wifi is working or not. Is there some way to check from the Ionic itself? When I go into Wi-Fi Settings in the iPad app, it always shows disconnected. When I click my WiFi network it connects, and then if I leave the WiFi menu and come back in, it says disconnected again. I can't really tell whether the Ionic is not staying connected or it just resets to "disconnected" every time you go into the WiFi Settings screen. I have a strong WiFi signal (for phone, iPad, computer, etc.) but I don't know what's going on with the Ionic. It syncs fine, but I don't know whether it's using WiFi or Bluetooth to sync (I just don't know which it uses for what).

Is there some simple procedure for "Connect a brand new Ionic to Fitbit Studio"?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

When you login to studio.fitbit.com you should be prompted to accept the developer terms and conditions. This acceptance is what controls the visibility of the developer options in the mobile app and device.

Try this:

Log out of studio.fitbit.com

Log out of www.fitbit.com

Log out of the Fitbit mobile app

Login to studio.fitbit.com and accept the terms if prompted.

Then log back into the Fitbit app.

Good luck.

Best Answer

I did that just now.  When I log in to Studio, I am not prompted for terms.

There are still no devices listed in FitBit Studio.  The Ionic still does not have a developer bridge option in settings.

Is the Ionic broken or is the mobile app broken or is studio broken?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my new Versa. I've tried the logout routine but it didn't help. It can see my phone and the simulator but not my Versa. I assume it should work wifi which is set up. I've also tried it connected to computer. No (physical) devices found.

BTW, I turned on developer mode in the fitbit app. I couldn't find that option on the versa itself.

Best Answer