Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go simulator loading........ OS simulator

I am currently facing an issue with the Fitbit OS Simulator. Here are the details of my problem:

While attempting to run the Fitbit OS Simulator, I'm experiencing a MethodCallTimeout error during the initialization process. It seems like the system is repeatedly trying to initialize, but it is not receiving a response and consequently times out.

In the logs, I noticed that there were multiple lines that stated, "MethodCallTimeout: No response received for RPC call to 'initialize'". In addition, there was a line stating "Simulator hosts failed to start: MethodCallTimeout: No response received for RPC call to 'initialize'". This indicates a consistent failure in initializing the simulator.

Moreover, there were also error messages indicating an issue with connecting to the breakpad server and reading user alarms.

I have tried the following steps to troubleshoot but to no avail:

1. Restarting my system
  2. Running the simulator with administrator privileges
  3. Reinstalling the Fitbit OS Simulator
  4. Checking for updates for the Fitbit OS Simulator and updating to the latest version if any
  5. Checking my firewall or antivirus settings to make sure they are not blocking the connection

Unfortunately, none of the above steps helped to resolve the issue. I would appreciate your guidance on how to fix this problem to run the Fitbit OS Simulator smoothly.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @asu101a - it is possible that the selected watch has a fault in the chosen clock face which if it fails to start can stop the simulator loading or the account used is having problems logging on.

One thing to try is to log into the gam.fitbit.com  and then try again.

The other thing to try is to delete the watches in the Fitbit is simulator roaming profile (Vulcan fokder etc.) and reinstall the simulator but don't do this if you have many clock faces on many watches loaded already as you will start from scratch.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes