Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I install my app on a real watch?

ANSWERED

Hello

I've been playing around with the Fitbit Studio and created a watch face which is working well in the simulator. Now I would like to install this watchface on my real Fitbit Ionic.

How can I do this locally?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can create a fba from the studio or you can deploy it directly to the watch. You have to do the same steps in studio as you do with the simulator. Go to developer menu from the fitbit app on the phone and connect it to the developer bridge and go to the watch settings app and press connect to the developer bridge. After doing that you can install the watchface on the watch. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

You can create a fba from the studio or you can deploy it directly to the watch. You have to do the same steps in studio as you do with the simulator. Go to developer menu from the fitbit app on the phone and connect it to the developer bridge and go to the watch settings app and press connect to the developer bridge. After doing that you can install the watchface on the watch. 

Best Answer

You can also go to https://gam.fitbit.com and upload the app there. I find this easier/more reliable than getting developer bridge to connect.

Best Answer

@EWR & @Cmspooner: Thank you for your helpful replays.
I now was able to sideload the watchface to my Ionic by

1) activating the developer bridge on the Ionic in the settings

2) selecting the now visible watch in the fitbit studio IDE:image.png

I'll try sideloading by  https://gam.fitbit.com later on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI there, new developer here - did my first Clock app and kind of hit a wall when it came to side loading it onto my actual device. I was getting errors on the Developer bridge step, but I solved it by ensuring my 'Wifi Settings' in my Fitbit device settings panel in the phone app were working and correct. 

Once that clicked together, the Developer bridge immediately connected on the fitbit device, and I was able to Run the app through Fitbit Studio. The device will show up as previously stated in the drop down menu.

I hope that helps!

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes