Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add additional fonts to fitbit app in ionic/versa.....?

ANSWERED

Hi, I want to add an additional font to my fitbit watch application which is not available in the font list given in the developer page. Can any one help me to know that whether it is possible to add another font, if so how....?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sadly, it's not currently possible to add new fonts.

If you want a new font for a watch face, then one solution might be to create images of the 10 digits on your PC/Mac in the font you want to use, and then use those images to draw the time. If you want to use another font for text however, then it becomes impractical to use this method.

If you think you could use the 'separate image per digit' approach, then take a look in the documentation on what file format to use so that you can change the colour of the digits at runtime. Sorry I don't have the link, but you create an 8-bit grey scale image using white as opaque pixels and black as transparent, then change the fill colour when drawing the image to affect the final colour. The example in docs show using this technique to draw the second hand for an analogue watch.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Sadly, it's not currently possible to add new fonts.

If you want a new font for a watch face, then one solution might be to create images of the 10 digits on your PC/Mac in the font you want to use, and then use those images to draw the time. If you want to use another font for text however, then it becomes impractical to use this method.

If you think you could use the 'separate image per digit' approach, then take a look in the documentation on what file format to use so that you can change the colour of the digits at runtime. Sorry I don't have the link, but you create an 8-bit grey scale image using white as opaque pixels and black as transparent, then change the fill colour when drawing the image to affect the final colour. The example in docs show using this technique to draw the second hand for an analogue watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes