Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change a project name after it has been uploaded to the gallery?

ANSWERED

I'm an idiot. I'd like to blame my dyslexia for the simple fact I misspelt my project name.

I didn't notice the typo until after the clock face was accepted for the public gallery. Is there a way to change the name of the submitted project other than deleting and resubmitting?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, I can fix that for you. What's the current app name, and what's the correct app name?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Yeah, I can fix that for you. What's the current app name, and what's the correct app name?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Jon!

The app is "Momento Mori" and it should be "Memento Mori". I've changed the project name in the IDE so if I have to make any updates it'll be the same as the correct name.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Done! How are you calculating my time of death? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JonFitbit wrote:

Done! How are you calculating my time of death? 🙂

In a word: Inaccurately 😉

Presuming you have filled out your profile, I'm taking your age (and since I don't know your bate of birth, I'm assuming you're born on the 1st of January), your gender, and I'm assuming you're located in the US (I'm guessing most english speaking fitbit users are), then I subtract the current time from your fictional date of birth + the average US (male or female) life expectancy.

It's not super accurate, but it's the thought that counts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I messed up my project name too!

As a former actuary, you forgot to take into account the fact that Jon made it as far in life as he did.  If average life expectancy is 75 and someone has already lived to 74, their life expectancy isn't 1 year.  Luckily for both of us, I don't remember an easy way to actually calculate this quickly without using probabilities.

Anyway, that's besides the point.  In my case though, I caught my mistake before I published, so now I have two projects; "Day Boat Marine U.S.", which has no uploaded versions, and "Day Boat Marine US" which is active.  Any chance (assuming he's still alive) Jon can delete the defunct "Day Boat Marine U.S." version?  I don't see a way to delete them.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@weinerda wrote:

I messed up my project name too!

I couldn't actually delete it, but I've renamed it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Much appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have similar problem we named our clock faces almost the same, but because of the display limit we only see the first maybe 15 characters making it hard to distinguish between the two.  Is there anyway we can change the published clock faces?  The two in question are:
Awake Labs
Awake Labs - Canada

Can the first one be changed to US Awake Labs?
And the Canadian one changed to CA Awake Labs?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AwakeLabsPM 

I think you need to email dev support. There's a link in the FAQ, accessible near top of GAM page.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes