Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the colours used in Fitbit Studio (using a Chrome extension)

ANSWERED

I found the following Chrome extension (Stylebot) that allows me to change the Fitbit Studio colours.

My changes become permanent (well, they get applied to the website every time I visit it - the website itself is not changed)

Install the extension and you can then simply right-click on the element you want to change.

Here is what the default Fitbit Studio colours look like (keywords= brown, comments: well, brownish....)

Image 1.png

I wanted to change the colour of comments to bright green.

I simply right-clicked on the word ''events' inside the comment line. (any word will do, so long as it is inside a comments line)

I was then presented with this menu and selected 'Stylebot/Style element'.

Image 10.png 

This brought up the following panel on the right-hand side of Chrome.

Image 11.png

And here is what it looks like in the end (I've also changed the colour of keywords to cyan).

Image 2.png

These changes are applied to the page every time you visit it, so as far as you are concerned, that is how the page looks like at all times.

I hope this will be of use to others...

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Curiously enough, I tried it again today, and got exactly what you show - it works!

I got nada before clicking on 'Style Element' - all's well now - 

Puzzled, but peased...

Tnx

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@ndamo: this is a great extension, thanks for sharing. I also want to take the opportunity to highlight the fact that we just release the CLI tools for Fitbit OS, which means you can also use any other IDE of choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the StyleBot and it installed and shows selection on rt mouse click but no response from it -

Are there any changes needed in Chrome settings needed for it to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not make any changes to Chrome.

This is what I get when I right-click on the word 'const'. Do you see this when you do it?

Image 1.png

If you are unable to get it to work, you may need to contact the developer.

Cheers,

Nick

Best Answer
0 Votes

Curiously enough, I tried it again today, and got exactly what you show - it works!

I got nada before clicking on 'Style Element' - all's well now - 

Puzzled, but peased...

Tnx

Best Answer
0 Votes