Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get off developer firmware

ANSWERED

Is it possible to get off the developer firmware? I'm having too many issues with core fitness functions that it's not worth it to try and develop on the Ionic and screw up what i really bought my Ionic for.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can do a hard reset

1. Remove the Ionic from your account.
  2. Delete the bluetooth pairing.
  3. Press and hold all buttons on the device.
  4. Wait until the Fitbit logo disappears, then release the bottom right button.
  5. Wait until you feel a vibration, then release the other buttons.
  6. You will probably see a red X message, just ignore that and setup the device again.

You will need to contact support and ask them to opt you out of the beta firmware programme so you can get regular updates and stop seeing the "Update available" prompt.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

You can do a hard reset

1. Remove the Ionic from your account.
  2. Delete the bluetooth pairing.
  3. Press and hold all buttons on the device.
  4. Wait until the Fitbit logo disappears, then release the bottom right button.
  5. Wait until you feel a vibration, then release the other buttons.
  6. You will probably see a red X message, just ignore that and setup the device again.

You will need to contact support and ask them to opt you out of the beta firmware programme so you can get regular updates and stop seeing the "Update available" prompt.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The official response to get off dev firmware is to make a new account Man Frustrated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had to do a factory reset and it appears to me at least that the firmware version is not changed to a non-developer build...

@FlyBoyJIt wrote:

Not anymore. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/Ionic-Stuck-in-a-boot-loop/m-p/2255858#M967

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rcork wrote:

Is it possible to get off the developer firmware? I'm having too many issues with core fitness functions that it's not worth it to try and develop on the Ionic and screw up what i really bought my Ionic for.

If you contact customer support, they can remove you from the developer preview.

Best Answer
0 Votes