Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store the transferred data/files locally to the companion phone file system?

ANSWERED

So I'd like to transfer some data or maybe files from the watch to the companion phone. I'm currently using the Companion APIs for the transmission. I'm wondering if there's a way to store the data/files locally on my phone.(Since it's only for my personal use, I hope no big security issues are triggered.)

I'm looking forward to hearing from the fitbit developers.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Currently the only way is to use the messaging. File-transfer is only a one-way to the watch.
But keep attention on the buffersize. If the data size is larger than ca. 1024bytes you need to transfer it in splitted chunks. Also keep in mind, that messaging/file-transfer is not reliable yet. Fitbit staff is working on that.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Currently the only way is to use the messaging. File-transfer is only a one-way to the watch.
But keep attention on the buffersize. If the data size is larger than ca. 1024bytes you need to transfer it in splitted chunks. Also keep in mind, that messaging/file-transfer is not reliable yet. Fitbit staff is working on that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot! It's more clear to me now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes