Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid app with huge wearable device

I want to build an hybrid application to track real-time heath data status of my company employee ( around 2000 peoples ). I want to ask you some question hope i can have the explanation from here.
Please explain for me some following questions:
Quesion 1:
- Which wearable is the best choice will help me to track the environment temperature ,employee temperature, heart rate, humidity and GPS?
Question 2:
- Which wearable i can access directly and get data of it to my cloud?
Question 3:
- I have read many post about your company product and i see its not supported to access directly. Instead of that i can only get the data for cloud and with each person it limit 150 calls per hour, is it right? How can i get the data real time because with one request API i just can access 1 scope? Can I request to increase the limit?
Question 4:
- Let confirm the process and: wearable tracker will sync with phone had fitbit app via BLE and then data will sync to fitbit cloud and then i can get it to my cloud?
+ Can I only use BLE to sync data with the phone? (Question 4.1)
+ What is the maximum distance to sync with the phone? And is it real-time sync? (Question 4.2)
+ How often the data sync from phone to fitbit cloud? (Question 4.3)

Thank you. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I don't work for Fitbit, but have some answers for your questions.

Q1

- Fitbit does not track environment temperature, employee temperature, or humidity

- GPS is only tracked if user starts exercise mode, and when in GPS mode battery life is less than half a day

- "intraday" heart rate is not easily available, there is a web API but it requires special permission from Fitbit. Even with permission, you will only receive HR samples that Fitbit stores. If you ask API for one-second sampled data, don't be surprised if Fitbit returns 5 samples per 60 seconds. And don't be surprised if Fitbit changes the number of samples/60seconds returned by the API call.

Q2

- no direct access to wearable, only via web API which is documented here https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/

Q3

- rate limits are documented here Rate Limits and you need to contact Fitbit directly for increases.

Q4

- Fitbit syncing details here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1877

- BLE sync distance is a Bluetooth Low Energy question

Hope that helps.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much bbarrera, i have one more question : Could I build an application using the Device API and Companion API of Fitbit to make the wearable send data directly to my cloud?

Best Answer
0 Votes