Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to install the publicly fitbit SDK app to Versa 3 and I would like to ask for a solution

I am unable to install the publicly fitbit SDK app to Versa 3 and I would like to ask for a solution.

When it was privately published app, I was able to install it successfully and confirm that it works.

Current status.
- The fitbit app on my phone is having an anomaly.
    - Installing the "watch over" app from Gallery is interrupted.  
      ⇒About 1 minute after pressing the install button, the installation is interrupted with a message that the device cannot connect.
    - When I open the Gallery, the installation of "Mimamori" app is in progress.  
        ⇒ When I try to reinstall, the message "Device cannot connect" is displayed and the installation is interrupted.
    - When I open the Gallery, the "watch face" is in the middle of switching.
    - When I press "Synchronize", the watch restarts and synchronization is failed.
- Bluetooth settings on my phone are working fine.
    - Versa 3 is present in the name of other devices (that are connected).
- Something is wrong with Versa 3 (watch).
    - When setting icon is tapped, the icon appears in the center and the screen freezes.
    - When returning to the home screen with a long press of the button after tapping the settings icon and the screen freezes, only a pink gradient background is displayed, which is a strange display.
    - Other than settings, all other apps (exercise and clock) are working fine.

On top of that, here's what I did to solve the problem.
- I could not solve the problem by operating the fitbit app on my phone.
    - Initialized again from add device with no change.
    - No change after switching the account to log in and performing the initial setup.
    - The watch face was changed from "Pleat" to "Intersection" during the installation of the "Mimamori" app, but it failed.
        ⇒ Interrupted with "Device cannot connect" message.
- I could not solve the problem by operating the Bluetooth setting on the phone.
    - No change after switching ON/OFF.
    - No change after deleting the device name "Versa 3" and pairing again.
- I could not solve the problem by operating of Versa 3 (watch).
    - No change after rebooting by pressing and holding the button.
    - I want to reset to factory settings but have not been able to do so.
        Because it freezes at the settings screen. I tried to find another way of resetting the watch without going through the settings screen, but I couldn't figure it out.
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It sounds like the problem may be broader than the SDK. A factory reset is a good idea; see here.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply and help. Also, thank you for the information on how to factory reset without going through the settings screen.

I would like to ask for confirmation if the factory reset procedure the same for Versa 3 and Sense? If not, can you tell me a detailed way to factory reset the Versa 3, because I already tried several times to reset it but still unsuccessful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it's the same. You'll probably get much more help in the Versa forum, since this isn't an SDK-specific question.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer