Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic App. Stocks does not update.

The stocks app. Does not update. That app was one of the reasons I purchased the fitbit ionic. I am very upset that it is not operating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Just installed. Working fine here

Best Answer
Have several other apps installed. They all work fine. “Stocks” only updates every few days. Should be many times everyday.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah ok, so it's not a problem of the Fitbit OS, it's the application (developed by an independent developers and not by Fitbit) that does not meet your needs.

Best Answer
That is correct. I have called fitbit to get a contact number, but there isn’t one available.
May return this watch and buy an Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

FWIW

There are a couple of stock apps in the 'store' - I've tried both, and ended up using the 'E*Trade' app - it works nicely with my Ionic - lets you enter several issues, and shows them in a sliding Up/Dn scrolling window - single tap on any the the top level summary symbols (shows SYMBOL, price & %change, color coded) and you get a nice summary of the key data, the usual stuff plus market cap & average volume.  Works nicely for me, never an issue getting it refreshed. (I was actually surprised) 

I work with Android, a Moto Z2 Force phone.  I keep the major indices and a couple of issues I trade & follow.  I'm actually very pleased  with it - it is delayed data.  You do need to be near your phone and it connected with data either Cell or WiFi.   

It does not require an account with E*Trade either - you do use your phone to put in the symbols you want to track.  (the E*Trade App in FitBit apps) 

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ll try it! Thanks for the advice...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I installed e-trades. Works great. Gives me all the information I was looking for.
Thanks Again....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer