Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is gyroscope sensor available for Versa 3

I wrote Watch app that can receive gyroscope and other sensor data on Versa but when I edit it for Versa 3, I do not see gyroscope data is showing. Is it because Versa 3 does not have gyroscope data or it does have but my code have some issues?

Thank you,

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I think only Versa and Sense have gyro, although the Versa 3 store page implies that it does.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Hello, Who can answer me. Is in the versa 3 or versa 4 a gyroscope available yes or no. In the specs is written yes, in the documentation is no, and in the versa itself, after checking via a script, it states no gyroscope available. 

So I'm confused. Is it a yes or no for the versa 3 and 4 about gyroscope. If yes, please inform me how to get gyroscope data available. because now the fit sdk script states that there is no gyroscope.

Thanks in advance

Marcel

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ni @nobtiba - it looks like a code problem or permissions issue. See Gyroscope which might help

Hi @mweusthof -  See this summary for the Versa 3

Guy__0-1688652180797.png

You can't program for a Versa 4.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hoi,

That's the whole point. According to this script, which runs accelerometer correctly, it states that this device DOES not has a gyroscope. What's should be changed to the code. Also I've given permissions if needed.

Sincerely,

Ing. M.H.H.Weusthof
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mweusthof - are you running your program on the simulator or the watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I'm running the script directly on the watch versa 3. The accelerometer works fine, but the message about gyroscope states not available on this device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think the Versa 3 has a gyroscope (but Sense 1 does). One way to tell is by selecting 'Swim' in the Exercise app. If it claims to be able to count laps automatically, it has a gyro.

This page doesn't list gyro for Versa 3.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can confirm that versa 3 does not have a gyroscope sensor, I have tested simply using the code here https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/device-api/gyroscope/

I have tested for the other sensors made apps for them and they are ok, so it's really missing the gyro in versa 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nobtiba- this page lists the Versa 3 as having a gyroscope https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/products/smartwatches/versa3#features

Click "see all features & specs" and click "specs"

It may be a bug or an incorrect specification

Best Answer
0 Votes