Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get a ID to identify the device?

Hello,

I need to identify the user from which I am receiving the data so, I need a way to identify the information from the APIs? Is there an ID or any way to do this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@paloma_c 

Simply no... You can store something in clusterstorage though so if you have multiple apps installed, you can retrieve a user ID.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The thing is, I am sending some data from different devices to a unique server, that's why I would need an identifier to know which information is coming from which device. Which would be the best option for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Upon install of the app, check the clusterstorage for a unique user id.

If no unique user_id is available, then contact the server. The server creates a unique id and sends it back. store that unique id in the clusterstorage.

On the server side, You can also use their IP address to see if you already know the user. Of course, people sharing the wifi get the same user id.

Then make sure people validate their account. You provide them a unique code (6 digits). Let them enter that on a website with their email. Once you see the email was already registered, merge the accounts and set the correct user_id back to the clusterstorage. 

Check how payment provider kiezelpay does this. It basically needs to check for a user-app combination if it was purchased or not. 

I also send data from various device to my webserver. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Huge thanks for your explanation! Is there any examples that I could see so that I understand it better?

Best Answer
0 Votes