Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to allow my customers to update their activity data directly to my app?

ANSWERED

I need to figure out a way to allow my app customers to automatically or manually sync their Fitbit data directly to my own app. I know Fitbit allows this within their own app and then other apps can pull in that data, but we are looking to allow our customers to sync their activity data from their Fitbit directly to our app to save time and any issues that might follow.

Any solutions or things to try?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

As I said the Fitbit app is required to sync data. You cannot sync data directly from the watch to another app.

best,

thomas

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Can you clarify what Activity Data you mean here?

If your app is collecting data, you can push it where and when you want.

If you are relying on Fitbit data being available via the Fitbit Web API then this requires a Fitbit Sync to happen. We do have an API telling you when the lastSync happened: https://dev.fitbit.com/reference/companion-api/device/#interface-basicdeviceinfo-

thomas

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Activity Data I am referring to is Steps, Calories Burned, Flights of Stairs, Distance Traveled and Active Minutes. We do not need any personally identifiable information, we just want to allow our customers to sign into their Fitbit account so that our technology can pull in their activity data. We want to allow our customers to directly update/sync their activity data within our app.

The issue we are running into is that our technology temporarily removes third-party apps from an individuals phone or device based on physical activity. Unfortunately the Fitbit app is also removed so it is currently impossible for our customers to update their activity data within the Fitbit app. We are looking for a solution that allows our customers to update their activity data within our app since they won't be able to do it once the Fitbit app is temporarily removed from the device. Does Fitbit allow other companies to perform this type of integration?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit app is required to sync data from the watch to the Web API. I would recommend not removing this one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not trying to remove it.

I have an issue and the only simple way around this issue is to allow my customers to sync their Fitbit activity data from their watch directly to my app. I just need to know if Fitbit allows other companies to directly sync watch data to their app. If so... how?

Best Answer

As I said the Fitbit app is required to sync data. You cannot sync data directly from the watch to another app.

best,

thomas

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just in addition to this, the device cannot connect to any internet services directly. All requests need to be sent via the Companion API, which executes within the Fitbit mobile app.

Best Answer