Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to encrypt js

We dont want our code to be leaked during the app installation. Is there a way to encrypt js or any other solutions to protect our code?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@marco5 wrote:

We dont want our code to be leaked during the app installation. Is there a way to encrypt js or any other solutions to protect our code?

JavaScript is an uncompiled language, so probably not.

It is minified during the build process though, which does obscure your work. For most of the programmers I know, this would make the content unusable.

The app.fba file is actually a zip; if you change the extension you can look at what is being delivered.

Regards,

Reign

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying.
We want to know if the app.fba is encrypted during app download process which is probably the only way that code will be leaked.
If not , can we have a business negotiation to meet our customized demand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello marco5,

Sorry, I'm not the person to talk to about that. I don't work for Fitbit. I just like to try being generally useful.

You may want to contact @JonFitbit about Fitbit contacts. 

If you have some specific code you ant to protect, cbor encryption is available and you can use the JavaScript eval() function to execute code decrypted on the fly. You probably wouldn't want to execute an entire app that way, but for critical elements, it could provide the protection you need.

Also,... K-Pay does similar work to protect their code. You may want to talk to them about it. @kverpoorten posts on this forum occasionally and he is a good source on all things K-Pay.

Good luck,

Reign

Best Answer
0 Votes