Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layered images not all loading

Hi guys,

I am layer 5 greyscale images on the watch. On the first load to the actual watch, only 2 images show up. On the simulator they all load at once.

I have to wait several minutes and the other images then display on the actual watch.

Any idea how I might fix this?

index.gui

<svg>

<image id="image1" height="100%" width="100%" href="images/image1.png" pointer-events="visible" ></image>

<image id="image2" height="100%" width="100%" href="images/image2.png" pointer-events="visible" ></image>

<image id="image3" height="100%" width="100%" href="images/image3.png" pointer-events="visible" ></image>

<image id="image4" height="100%" width="100%" href="images/image4.png" pointer-events="visible" ></image>

<image id="image5" height="100%" width="100%" href="images/image5.png" pointer-events="visible" ></image>

</svg>

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I would start by making sure they each load on the watch. The greyscale image magic is a bit fussy, and I assume that if the third one does not render correctly, it could block the fourth and fifth as well.

If those work, I would check the buffer. I think renndering images is an expensive task. I wonder if the buffer is being eaten up. While these issues should show up in the simulator as well, I could see real hardware acting different.

Best Answer

Hi Leko,

I think you are right.

The original images were 400 x 400 pixels.

I shrunk the images down to the exact screen size and so far that seems to be helping.

Best Answer
0 Votes