Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Localization

Hi,
I am using locale.language to get localization info:
import { locale } from "user-settings";

console.log(locale.language);

So far I have managed to get de-de (german) and en-en (english) on my Ionic watch. But I also would like to get sv-se (or maybe se-se) for the Swedish language. How would I do that?

Also i
n package.json I checked the Locale "Swedish" but I couldn't find Swedish in the Gallery App Manager to be able to give a Swedish name and Swedish description for my clockface.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I've noticed this too. Swedish and Dutch can be selected as supported locales in package.json but they're not available in the Gallery App Manager.

I'm pretty sure that locale.language returned "en-SE" and "en-NL" on the watch in a previous OS version but now returns "en-us", whereas the companion app on the phone returns the correct locale.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also would like know what steps I do have to perform to get Swedish either sv-se or se-se.
I have tried to change LANGUAGE BY REGION/COUNTRY (From fitbit dashboard - View profile - View account settings, Under Advanced Settings) to Sverige(English).

When I changed to Deutschland (Deutsch) I got: de-de
When I changed to United States (English) I got: en-us
When I changed to Sverige(English) I got: en-us
When I changed to Espana (Espanol) I got: es-es
If I cant get sv-se or anything with se or sv in the string I cant switch to Swedish which means if I want Swedish I must use Swedish for every language-code.
I believe the localization support for a Fitbit Clock face or app is not fully implemented. Anyone from Fitbit who can comment on this?
Feel free to try my GetLocalizationInfo app for debugging from. This app shows the language from user-settings.language and the unit for distance
Best Answer
0 Votes