Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging a custom Activity with Heart Rate and GPS

I am working on a Couch 2 5k app for our favourite devices. Just a simple program that enables us to complete the workout program from our watches and track data at the same time!

I have learned that apps on our devices need to log activity manually because there is no API to start an activity in the background. For this I can use the Web API.

I learned that the Web API does not feature any information about Heart Rate or GPS when logging an activity via the API.

Will the Heart Rate data be synced to the Fitbit app when I turn the sensor on and "manually" log an activity. Will the logged activity also show the HR-data?

What about GPS? How can I make sure GPS data is linked to the logged activity? Will our device save the GPS information and then sync it back to the app and link it to our "manually" logged activity?

These are two very important aspects for me to resolve, the latter one a tad more important, before I continue development.

Edit: I am aware of this feature suggestion, My questions above are trying to get around this feature request. Because then my app can just do whatever, and sensor data will be added 'after the fact'.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Can you ping me on Discord to discuss this?

Best Answer
0 Votes