Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Unable to install app on simulator

ANSWERED

The simulator is logged in.  Device and Companion bridges are green.

Build comes back clean.

I get the following whey trying "fitbit$ connect device" or "fitbit$ install".

fitbit$ connect device

An error was encountered when loading the list of available device hosts: You must be enrolled as a developer to use this application.

fitbit$ install

No app package specified. Reloading ./build/app.fba.

Loaded appID:bdc3ffff-61e9-436b-a321-ef190fcf7071 buildID:0x0879e1bd2dca478d

App requires a device, connecting...

An error was encountered when loading the list of available device hosts: You must be enrolled as a developer to use this application.

I'm sure it's a simple config issue but I have not found an answer on this site.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I finally got back to this.  Turns out I was not registered as a developer.  I had to open "Gallery Admin" in order to register as a developer.  Now the simulator works.  I had skipped that step because I was using the simulator and not a Fitbit OS Device.  Thanks for the suggestion.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

FYI: I am logged into dev.fitbit.com.  I guess that means I have registered as a developer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

See if 'Using a Fitbit OS Device' here helps.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got back to this.  Turns out I was not registered as a developer.  I had to open "Gallery Admin" in order to register as a developer.  Now the simulator works.  I had skipped that step because I was using the simulator and not a Fitbit OS Device.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes