Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging 'Query' in Android

ANSWERED

Here's a querk I've found today when using the messaging API.

I have this code in app that makes sure messaging is available with the commpanion before trying to send messages:

if ( messaging.peerSocket.readyState == messaging.peerSocket.OPEN ) {
    // Do Something clever with the companion
}

I've found that, occasionally, even when this returns true and the Ionic tries to send a message to the companion them message will never get sent (I've waited about 3-4 minutes and its still trying to send), until you turn the phones screen on. I didnt have to unlock the phone just turn on the screen and the message is instantly sent and everything moves on as expected.

I've only tested this with my Ionic running 2.0 and my Google Pixel 2XL so I'm not sure if this excists on the previous Ionic OS or with other Android phones, but I thought it was worth mentioning incase anyone else is having problems with messages going from the device to the companion

Ionic & Aria, Blaze (retired), Alta (retired), Surge (retired), Charge HR (retired), One (retired), Classic (retired) | Microsoft Surface | Google Pixel 2XL Android FitBit App
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Is it possible that the Fitbit app is being suspended for battery reasons on your phone?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Is it possible that the Fitbit app is being suspended for battery reasons on your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes