Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Controls

OS 2 has made getting to the music controls much slower. Is there any way to either control music (play/pause at minimum) from a watch face, or to jump directly to the music controls from a button on a watch face (like a swipe down used to)?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

There's no API for music control, but you press and hold BACK to jump to the music controls.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The more I use the new OS, the more I wonder how any if the music changes made it out of testing. It’s like every change was designed to make the device worse.

I can no longer start music from my Ionic. Instead I get to where I used to be able to, and there’s a message telling me to start it on my phone. Why would it take such a huge step backwards like that?

Getting to the music controls is now two seconds longer, and cant be done with one finger anymore. Two seconds might not sound like a long time, but I invite you to spend a day where every time someone starts talking to you, you look at your watch while two seconds ticks away, then ask them to start over. If you were holding anything, add in putting that down first.

Swiping from the left doesn’t even do anything. Why cant that go to the music controls? Better still, why can’t basic music controls be in the API?

Is there any way to roll back the OS update? It has removed what my Ionic had over a regular watch. I never would have bought it originally if this was how it functioned.

Best Answer