Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No "Developer Bridge" Option on Versa Lite

Today I purchases a Versa Lite and have been trying to get a new clock face developed for it. The Getting Started guide says "On the watch, go to Settings and tap Developer Bridge" When I got to Settings there is no option for Developer Bridge. I did find this option in my phone and have it enabled but it does not exist on the watch. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Versa Lite can't operate with the developer bridge (I think because it doesn't have WiFi).

You can test apps on it by side-loading via your GAM page.

An update will be released for the simulator soon, which will support testing Versa Lite apps.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Thanks. That almost worked. Unfortunately, the link takes me into the app store and says "This clock cannot be installed on your device." It was built targeting Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the currently-released SDK doesn't allow you to target the Lite yet. It will soon (sorry!).

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's really weird. There are clock face in the store right now that
aren't made by Fitbit that work with the Versa Lite. Any idea how that is
even possible if it's not in the SDK yet?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@zlangner wrote:
That's really weird. There are clock face in the store right now that
aren't made by Fitbit that work with the Versa Lite. Any idea how that is
even possible if it's not in the SDK yet?

Fitbit has automatically scanned existing watch face source codes to see which call out to floors climbed, barometric pressure and physical button access. Those that don't are deemed to work on the Versa Lite.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gondwana wrote:

Versa Lite can't operate with the developer bridge (I think because it doesn't have WiFi).

You can test apps on it by side-loading via your GAM page.

An update will be released for the simulator soon, which will support testing Versa Lite apps.

I’m really looking forward to this simulator update! Any idea when we could expect it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, sorry, it was a misunderstanding - I've expected that the update will bring an ability to easily test on the real Versa Lite. Any chance to bring that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The device doesn't have wifi, so it's not likely.

Best Answer
0 Votes