Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One or more build targets was invalid: atlas

ANSWERED

I'm trying to update my clock face to use SDK 4.2.  When I try to build it, I get the following errors:

• One or more build targets was invalid: atlas
  • Error: Project configuration is invalid
  • Build failed.

It seems "atlas" is an alias for Versa 3, and that SDK v4.2 doesn't support Versa 3, but Versa 3 isn't even in my list of targets to select.  I exported my project and can see that atlas is definitely in the list of targets, but I cannot remove it from my project in Fitbit Studio, and so I cannot build it.

Please help!

JB

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Rename the package.json file to package.txt, then you can edit it to remove the invalid build targets.  When done, rename it back to package.json.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

You need to use SDK5 to target Versa 3 (atlas), and that has to be a separate Studio project (although you can use the same clockface name and UUID, I think).

I haven't used Studio in years and I don't fully understand the problem, but if you've made a change to package.json that you can't edit, try renaming that file to package.txt, make your changes, then rename it back.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not targeting Versa 3.  Not in Fitbit Studio anyway.  It's not even in my list of targets to select.  However, it's in my package.json, and I can't get rid of it, because there's no way to manually edit it in Fitbit Studio.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, I see now that I can rename, edit, and rename it back.  Thank you for that suggestion!  I was afraid I'd screw up my project if I touched the name of that file in Studio.

Best Answer

Hey were you able to make this work? I'm trying to get a clockface on the versa but i keep getting the same error message. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rename the package.json file to package.txt, then you can edit it to remove the invalid build targets.  When done, rename it back to package.json.

Best Answer

Thank you , this worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just thought of adding an extra bit to this thread:

Model                  Alias
-----------------------------
Fitbit Ionic ......... higgs
Fitbit Versa ......... meson
Fitbit Versa Lite .... gemini
Fitbit Versa 2 ....... mira
Fitbit Versa 3 ....... atlas
Fitbit Sense ......... vulcan

Source: https://dev.fitbit.com/build/guides/multiple-devices/

Best Answer

Thanks for this input..  Though my attempt gave me these errors?

• This project is being built without a companion component. Create a file named companion/index.ts or companion/index.js to add a companion component to your project.
  • This project is being built without a settings component. Create a file named settings/index.tsx, settings/index.ts, settings/index.jsx or settings/index.js to add a settings component to your project.
  • Building app for Fitbit Versa 2
  • Error: One or more required files do not exist in the project: resources/index.gui and resources/widgets.gui
  • Build failed.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can ignore the warnings about companion and settings.

You should be able to rename the .gui files as required for Versa 2. You'll probably also need to change the content of the widget file. Essentially, you need to do the SDK5 'migration' (see here) backwards.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Peter

Thanks.  As I did some more research I came across  one of your other post..  I renamed the files and removed the other models from the package.json

Now onto other bumps...  😉

Best Answer