Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pedometer competition app idea possible?

Hi there, 

I am trying to make my first app. I would like to make a Pedometer competition app, where you can compete with friends and family, to get the most steps each week (and more different kinds of step competitions i the future). I would like the app to be able to import steps information from a wide range of different fitness apps, and I am starting with android and fitbit(because: yay, fitbit!). Is it possible to import the hourly/ daily stepcount from the fitbit app, into my app and to have it sync, whenever the fitbit app gets new information? 

Best, 

Helene

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, 

I am trying to make my first app. I would like to make a Pedometer competition app, where you can compete with friends and family, to get the most steps each week (and more different kinds of step competitions i the future). I would like the app to be able to import steps information from a wide range of different fitness apps, and I am starting with android and fitbit(because: yay, fitbit!). Is it possible to import the hourly/ daily stepcount from the fitbit app, into my app and to have it sync, whenever the fitbit app gets new information? 

Best, 

Helene

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit already has weekly challenges, but if you still want to build something, you can use the Web APIs to get step data. Each user would need to authenticate with their Fitbit credentials.

https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/

Best Answer
0 Votes