Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please make QR Codes app available on Versa 3

Hello, this app is available for all the other Fitbit watches except Versa 3:

https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/71cfacbf-6d08-4191-a461-9b45ee17fb05

I know I should directly message the developer himself, but I have no way of contacting him because I can only access the app from web browser and clicking on his name just redirects me to his other apps/watches. That's why I am posting here.

Porting shouldn't be that difficult because application is already available for Fitbit Sense which is essentially the same device as Versa 3.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

As the 'Sense' is listed as a valid device the '3' is valid as well! I have the App installed on my 'Sense' and it does what it intended to do. Give it a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't install the app because it's not listed in "Apps" in Fitbit Android app. I simply can't find it. It's not there. As you can see in the link above, there are available devices listed for the app and Versa 3 is missing so I suspect that's why I'm not able to find it.

Best Answer

I've moved the thread out of hardware support and dropped it into the app development support.

Maybe a developer will step up. 

Best Answer

Hello, any news about it? I'm also really interrested in it to work out

Best Answer
0 Votes

If an app seems like it should be available for your kind of watch, but you can't find it in the Fitbit Gallery, that could be because your watch's firmware needs updating.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Well, that is the thing, it is not actually listed as available for fibit versus 3 as you can see on the screen shot i took

Screenshot_20230106_125900_Samsung Internet.jpg 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I spoke about this app : https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/94d44c51-efaa-40cb-8ae6-d29752ac7c93

I just realised it isn't the same as the first post, I apologise... but can it please be solved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brian wrote this app and not fitbit. It will be up to Brian to rewrite the app. 

Best Answer

Hi @Amatulhaqq - if you want QR / Bar / other codes on your watch you might try this one which will work on a Versa 3 and a Sense..

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

The 3rd party developer is offering the app for free - only asking for a donation. Maybe you could paypal him a $1 tip to message him for your request. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SarahBass  - in the previous post the QR code app is available for the Versa 3 for free, no donation needed.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ True , there is no donation needed, but if they specifically wanted to reach the original developer you can add a note to your donation on PayPal. If he didn't leave a website or email, I'm guessing he probably doesn't want to be bothered though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes