Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please, please, please, fix bluetooth reliability

Dear Fitbit, I've installed your Nest app. I was secretly hoping that it would bring some reliability improvements to the table, but nothing. It has the same reliability of my 4 line app: zero.

If my app crashes on the "import messaging" line, the Nest app gets stuck in the "Loading..." screen.
If my app doesn't receive companion messages, the Nest app shows "Bluetooth error. Please check your connection". But guess what: step syncing ALWAYS works, so my connection is fine, thanks.

Before this there would be the doubt that you were not aware of this issue, you couldn't repro, it works on your machine, etc. But now I know for sure that something is clearly wrong, if even an app written by Fitbit is affected by the same reliability issues that a bunch of people here are screaming to bring to your attention.

You are quickly losing dev credibility here. You are ignoring our ask for help. I've mentioned privately that even stating "this is a known issue and we are working on it" in one of these posts would help. But nothing.

You turned a smartwatch development kit into a watchface development kit. If I was interested in doing that, I would be happy with a Blaze already (oh wait, that one is not waterproof).

So please, for one last time (at least from me), let us know something is going on, a new firmware/fitbit app release is coming and this will be fixed "soon".

If this is beta, let us know as well, possibly telling us when this whole thing is going to be out of beta. And yes, I know 3-4 months ago the Ionic didn't even exist. But when ALL OTHER COMPETING PRODUCTS were released, their SDKs were not this bad.

Please give us some hope.

Thanks

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

There is an actual issue with the communication reliability that was reported by other developers before the holidays. The product team is working on it: I'll ping them to know where it is.

I'll also let the team working on the Nest app knows about that problem.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

Best Answer

Thanks Fred!!

This reply is really refreshing.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunnerAs above, thanks! Smiley Happy

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner any news that you can share?

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are testing some fixes at the moment of writing those lines. It will improve the communication issues, but even if it's a top priority for us, we still have work to do about it as it's a complex problem involving many layers of our platform. We should have an update for everyone coming this week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner

Any updates regarding this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding to this as well.   Used to be with Fitbit a while ago and had Bluetooth issues back then.  Took a chance when the new Versa came out, and to my surprise, Bluetooth issues again.  Have tried two different Versa's and two different Android phones, on different Android OS.  An update on this would be pretty useful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to add my voice to this as well. I hope this improves in the future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is still an issue a year later

Best Answer
0 Votes