Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly Open Source the Default Watchfaces?

ANSWERED

Would be pretty neat if you guys shared the source to the default watchfaces, I'm not a very proficient developer but there are things I would like to change in some of the available watchfaces without having to start from scratch. 

Also, it would give a lot of incite into developing new watchfaces. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

We will definitely be providing more examples and tutorials, but unfortunately we aren't able to share the code for the current collection of clocks.

Is there a particular effect or feature you're trying to implement?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

We will definitely be providing more examples and tutorials, but unfortunately we aren't able to share the code for the current collection of clocks.

Best Answer

No, that's ok. I don't find any of the clocks to be exactly what I want but some are close, I would have just liked to add information or change some functions. 

For example: I would add a seconds to the Moment face, or display numerical values on the Gauges face or add the "tap to display other information" to the Stats face. It would be really easy for me to copypaste the additions from one face to the other but I guess I can just start from scratch. Smiley Happy Thank you for the quick reply. 

Best Answer

I would like to know if "quick shortcuts" are possible from an Ionic watchface?  For example, clicking on a "steps" icon on the watchface opens up the "Today" app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really like the "Moment"-watchface, but I would like to change some things.

How can I implement the heartrate-display of this watchface (including the bumping hear icon)?

If I could change the Moment-watchface direktly (instead of reimplementing it), I would make the following changes:

1. make the background black (not customizable)
  2. make the clock white (not customizable)
  3. make the date coloured (customizable via app)
  4. add rings (like in Arc or Gauges) to steps etc. in the bootom right corner, but keep the values with small icons (steps etc.) next to the rings

Just a small suggestion for a new watchface... 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm working on a watch face prototype with digital time with seconds, date, heart rate data, steps, and battery meter, and maybe more. I might open source it for you guys when it reaches a decent level, if you like.

Best Answer

@JonFitbit wrote:

Well I really LOVE gauges but I wanted to add a always on heart rate display so a glance could show me that versus a tap. Spent all evening trying to recreate it for personal use.

Maybe I'll try more tomorrow night.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@FlyBoyJlt: I totally agree, that would be really nice. I think, the heart rate display in "moments" watchface is quite perfect. If there ist not enough display-space available: for me, one ring (as in gauges) with the ability to switch through the different information by click/touch (total steps, total caloreis, etc. in "moments") would be enough, but please with the corresponding value as number next to the ring (in addition).
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, so I'm trying to implement the small feature which displays 3 stats on the watch-face without displaying all the text at the same time, rather when the user touches the screen, the values rotors through one by one. This is a excellent feature to save space and display more than one stat on a single screen.

Can you help me with the code?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FlyBoyJlt:

I was thinking the exact same thing. If you ever solved the problem please share.

I think I will make an effort soon as well. Will try and post if I figure it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes