Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private preview link after a version has been published

ANSWERED

Hello,

Once an app has been published, how can i send a new version for review to specific people with a private link ? Any new version seems to be accessible only after review/publish. I tried creating a second app in the app gallery manager and to upload the new FBA but it tells me that the app id is duplicate. I saw a way to modify the appid but that would mean duplicating the app as well in the studio. 

I guess i must be overlooking a simple option to let specific people review a new version before publishing it. Any ideas ?

Thanks 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes. I actually just keep two copies of package.json and add .beta or .main to the end of the file name of the one I'm not using.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I end up creating a main and beta version. I then keep track of the uuid for each and change it based on where I'm releasing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cmspooner do you mean that you duplicate your project in the  Gallery App Manager but keep only one in Fitbit Studio ? You then edit manually package.json to change it to either UUID ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I actually just keep two copies of package.json and add .beta or .main to the end of the file name of the one I'm not using.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the workaround. Now if Fitbit could provide the option of uploading a new version without asking for a review that would be great Smiley Happy

Best Answer