Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Beta of Nextr for todoist

Hej folks,

i just want to share a private link of my app Nextr, a Fitbit version of the todoist app. To achieve the best user experience and to consider potential feature request, i give you the opportunity to test the app before it's submitted for the approval process (unless it was denied in a previous approval process). Please notice that there are still some bugs and not fully implemented features. Furthermore, consider this application is not created by, affiliated with, or supported by Doist.

Link: https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/app/c3432875-0030-4b94-991c-7e863a438d7a

Currently supported features:

• Fetch your todoist tasks (ordered by prio level)

• Resync by pressing the upper right button of device

• See outdated tasks

• Close tasks

• Get the amount of tasks for the current day (incl. the next due)

• Get your tasks ordered by projects

• See collaborative projects

Known bugs:

• Oauth redirect fails, when user decline todoist permission

• Not a bug but confusing -> (when access is granted, you'll never

can relogin to todoist in the settings, as todoist oauth tokens never expire)

• After initial login, you'll probably need to close the app before you can

use it proper

• Sorting issue of most recent tasks

• Text occlusions

Todo's:

• Create new tasks/projects from the watch

• Store changes on your list when you don't have a internet connection

• Better syncing (currently the upper right button needs to be pressed for

resync)

• Implement todoist premium features

So please download the app and give it a try. I'm happy to get some feedback.

Best regards,

Florian

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

A new version with some major bugfixes can be found under the posted GAM link.

Best Answer

@JonFitbit @SunsetRunner Any updates on the invalid callback url issue, if the user denies permission whilst the OAuth authentication? Thats one of the major bugs, which could prevent a successful submission to the approval process...

Todoist only returns an error state parameter, if the user denies the permission, but the url misses a nonce for redirecting to the app settings page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I was not yet able to have it working. Apparently I was able to login with my account but my projects do not appear. I will try again and I will let you know.

Keep it up, a Todoist app would be a great addition (I'm a premium user)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the opportunity to test this out. I was able to sync it with my account with no issues. I mostly use this for the Alexa shopping list, and was able to navigate to that and check items off and they sync back. What will be interesting is trying this in a store where I usually have poor cell signal. I'll give that a try - being sure to bring up the app before going inside. 

Let me know if there is anything specific you would like tested out. For my limited use of todoist seems to be perfect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry just noticed that this is on your to do list already! I'll give it a shot if you get that figure out.

• Store changes on your list when you don't have a internet connection

Best Answer
0 Votes

Submitted to the review process. Knock on wood, it passes without any problems.

Best Answer

I‘m afraid the app will stay private, after the last declined approval process. I‘m loosing interest and starting to wonder about the significance for serious developers, when the declination reason is the unstability of the mobile companion on android. Seriously? I‘m using your web based API? How is it even possible that there are differences between iOS and Android. Sadly, i will switch to OS Watch after i saw the initial potential of the Fitbit OS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that Florian 😞

There shouldn't be differences on iOS and Android from our perspective, but it's not uncommon to hear of inconsistencies with the webview which the companion is executed within.

The review team do their best to ensure a great experience for all users, but they can't really provide any debug information to developers.

I'd happily try and work out what's wrong so we can progress this, I know there are loads of people who'd love a todoist app.

Sorry for the delay, I've been on vacation, then a meetup roadtrip.

Ping me on Discord if you like.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was delighted to hear about this app, tried it out and it is working like a charm. I don't understand fitbit to not let you in their store, even if there were bugs: first, there are so many apos with severe bugs in the store, i. e. maps, water etc. Secondly, just mark it as beta and let people contribute, fitbit. Fitbit, You should be grateful for people putting together such a GREAT app. This guy invests his time into providing a core functionality that should have been included in the watch natively in the first place.

Best Answer

Thanks for your encouragement. We are currently working on a solution, so you'll be able to download it soon.

Best Answer

This isn't really any of my business, but does this 'instability' manifest itself when you browse to a web site from the companion app, which loads in a webview component hosted by the Fitbit app? If so, I've fallen foul of this misbehaviour too. I discovered a couple of egregiously ugly workarounds that I could mention.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is great to hear. In the meantime, I am sure there are people who would love to help you out with a beer, if they only knew how 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Subscribing to updates on this as would love to have this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes