Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on the new activity history in the SDK 4.0

For those of us who developed clock faces for showing hourly steps (e.g. reminders to move), does the new functionality eliminate the need to have the clock face running at all times and counting steps?  At first glance it doesn't appear to.

If I am reading this correctly, the new activity history does not provide hourly history for the preceding 24 hours. It appears to provide detailed step counts for the preceding hour and daily step counts for some number of preceding days.  But I don't see a way to show hourly counts for each hour of the preceding 24 hours.

Or am I (hopefully) misreading it?

Thanks,

John

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, your reading of the API is correct. It will give you the last 60 minutes of records per minute as well as the daily records for 7 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for confirming this unfortunate situation.

So we still cannot create a clock face that shows the reminders to move like the today app.  By that I mean the clock face must be kept running almost continuously or it will skip hours.

Also, the app cannot display activity before the clock face was installed.

Hopefully some future version will address these issues and address the 20 month old suggestion in: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Enable-developing-clock-faces-that-support-Remin...

Best Answer
0 Votes