Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about program that will be using data from versa 3

ANSWERED

Hi I'm working on a program that will be using data from versa 3 device, and I have few questions:

1. How Is it possible to keep sending POST requests (through the companion) every few seconds?
  2. How Is it possible to trigger the watch app with some other web application?
  3. If device connected to Wi-Fi how can the device access internet directly without passing through the companion

many thanks, 
    David.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

1. With great difficulty. The companion will probably close fairly quickly if it's not being actively used by the watch clockface/app. You might be able to delay this by sending comms from the watch, but I suspect the system will still close the companion soonish. You can use wake interval to restart the companion automatically every five minutes. It's not intended to run continually.

2. The watch app can only respond to comms coming from your companion code, so the web application would need to interact with the companion first.

3. WiFi isn't used for comms (but only for updates and debugging). Bluetooth is used for comms. The watch can ONLY communicate with the companion.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

1. With great difficulty. The companion will probably close fairly quickly if it's not being actively used by the watch clockface/app. You might be able to delay this by sending comms from the watch, but I suspect the system will still close the companion soonish. You can use wake interval to restart the companion automatically every five minutes. It's not intended to run continually.

2. The watch app can only respond to comms coming from your companion code, so the web application would need to interact with the companion first.

3. WiFi isn't used for comms (but only for updates and debugging). Bluetooth is used for comms. The watch can ONLY communicate with the companion.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer