Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected app with unclear/unhelpful reason

ANSWERED

Hello. I decided to finally make my watch face work with the Versa 2 as well as the Versa. The only changes I made were to increase the SDK from 4.1 to 4.3 and select Versa 2 along with Versa and Versa Lite.

The app was previously accepted and has been live for some time. The rejection reason states:

"# the steps value is 0 even though the steps from the today apps if different ( you should show the values from the today app). Please consult the following link for more information: https://dev.fitbit.com/legal/app-gallery-guidelines/"

There is nothing in the linked material that references a "Today" app. Additionally, the clockface is displaying the footsteps, both on my own personal Versa 2 (where I have sideloaded it and been using it fine) and through the emulator.

The code for the footsteps is:

export function stepTracker() {
  if (appbit.permissions.granted("access_activity")) {
    clock.addEventListener("tick", () => {
      counter.text = `${userActivity.local.steps}`;
    });
  }
}

I am dubious about this rejection, and would appreciate any help in this matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Definitely use 'adjusted'. That value also includes steps coming from other sources (web site, other devices on same account). It's what the Today app shows.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Apologies, as I short have also included this part of the code:

import { today as userActivity } from "user-activity";

So, in that sense, I am using today. I notice that the API guides now say this as an example:

today.adjusted.steps

Is there a difference between local and adjusted?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely use 'adjusted'. That value also includes steps coming from other sources (web site, other devices on same account). It's what the Today app shows.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Thank you, Peter. I'll make a change to use adjusted, and then resubmit. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your help. 🙂

BTW, what is this mysterious Today app? I've never heard of it, and it clearly wasn't a requirement when I submitted my original release.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the 'Today' app is what you get if you swipe up (or some direction). It's the built-in thing that summarises your activity stats.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes