Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK

Why does the SDK for Fitbit absolutely suck. There's nothing cool you can do with it. Build an app that lets me log water while I drink it???? Really Fitbit??? Is Google even pretending to allow developers to make this into something larger than just a means for Google to collect biological data on people. Ok I'm done ranting now. When I first opened up the SDK for Fitbit I thought it would be a fun little package that I could use to program my watch to do s*** in response to feedback from sensors. Apparently all I can do is make dumb little apps that either regurgitate already existing functionality in an aesthetically and stylistically different presentation. Nice job Google you bought out another cool company and just threw it in the f****** basement. To add to my list of grievances not even your topic submission mobile web page is functioning. I can't even submit this comment I wasted the past 3 minutes of my life expressing

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Thanks for your feedback. Have you looked at the Device API documentation for sensors? You can program your watch to react to the majority of sensors.

https://dev.fitbit.com/build/guides/sensors/

Best Answer
0 Votes