Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving secret token to clients device local storage.

Hello guys, I'm currently trying to make a fit bit app that will serve as an extra feature in my web application.

I need to authenticate my users and their private watch before they can post to my data base.

I try to find the best solution for making them register and get a secret token saved in their local storage, then using it when posting data to my server.

The process of going throw the mobile app => account => Versa 3 => Gallery => my app => settings => login is very user exhausting

Is there someone doing it differently?

Many thanks, David.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

You could try having your app generate and store a random key and display that to the user, and ask them to enter it on the web app. I'm not sure how you could ensure no collisions whatsoever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DavidBer again, I gave up on the idea as it isn't really very practical from a user's point of view.

However, if your website does not require authorisation there is no need for the token at all.

Was able to get it working fine without but as mentioned previously it does require an internet access but you can register anything you want that way.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes