Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshots of apps and clock faces on the Ionic

ANSWERED

How will we be able to take screenshots for inclusion in the description on the Fitbit App Gallery?  Will this just be an option from within the Fitbit Studio?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey Nev,

Yes, it's definitely something we will need to add, we all love pixel perfect designs 🙂

I don't have a timescale estimate yet.

Jon

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hey Nev,

Yes, it's definitely something we will need to add, we all love pixel perfect designs 🙂

I don't have a timescale estimate yet.

Jon

Best Answer
0 Votes

It will indeed be helpful for pixel perfect designs, but without screenshots the Fitbit App Gallery entries will be incomplete, so essential there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good point Nev! Will double check the schedule.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nevraw, are you able to access the Fitbit App Gallery at this moment?  It sounds like you are.  If so, can you link me to the apps?  Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not got access to the Fitbit App Gallery yet, but have been reading the  Fitbit App Gallery Guidelines, where it states that we will need to include screenshots.  
I have also published a lot of watchfaces on the Pebble App Store and know from experience that the screenshots are really important to show off the design.

Best Answer

Ok, this is now active on fitbit studio. But I can't seem to make it work. Always get an error stating "error taking screenshot". Not very useful message. Am I missing something here? How does this supposed to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is your Ionic connected properly? It can drop the connection giving "Server connection error" on the Ionic's Settings/Developer Bridge menu option.

When it is connected I've had no issues at all getting screen shots.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Yes it is definitely connected as I constantly keep an eye on Ionic to make sure that it does not drop the connection. I spent half an hour last night trying to make this work. It goes through the full progress bar and at the end I get the error message. Not sure what the issue is here. Any other suggestions? Thanks...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Where is it trying to write save the file too?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good question, I was wondering that too. I presumed that it was going to save file in my default windows 10's "pictures" folder. Is there anywhere in fitbit studio I have to specify default folder? I can't seem to find any settings for this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine saves to the default download folder of Chrome (in my case E:\Allan\Downloads").
Best Answer
0 Votes

Aha. I am using Edge, just tried to save an image from it and default folder it goes to is "Download". Let me try using different browser it could be that this is an issue with Edge browser.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Allan for you help. I can confirm that it works perfectly fine on Chrome, so there is definitely an issue with Edge browser.

Best Answer

Thanks for reporting this issue, we're working on a fix. In the meantime, please use Chrome for screenshots.

Best Answer
0 Votes