Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we have a way of Ionic screen capture?

ANSWERED

Should we have a way of Ionic screen capture?

Otherwise app description preparing will be a tough job.

IMG_4816.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Yes, it will be available via Fitbit Studio before the App Gallery launches, later this fall.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7
Yes, it will be available via Fitbit Studio before the App Gallery launches, later this fall.
Best Answer

Has this been implemented yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. You can do this in Fitbit Studio or CLI.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, I was hoping for there to be a screen capture function in js, and then be able to import that to the companion for logging of workouts.  I know how to do this in Fitbit Studio.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

That probably wouldn't help you, because your app can't run while any other app is running (ie, there is no such thing as background execution of user apps). You could only capture the screen of your own app.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's exactly what I'm hoping for.  I'm writing my own stat logging application for when I work out.  I wanted that application to screenshot my Versa when I click finished, and then be able to send that screen shot to companion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As far as third-party developers are concerned, Fitbits don't have a screen buffer (as an arbitrary array of pixels). I think you'll need to send the raw exercise data to the companion and have it compile an image. However, I don't know what you'll be able to do with such an image, other than use fetch() to send it to a web server.

Another problem you may face is that third-party activity apps can't get access to the best quality HR data (they're limited to a lower sampling rate). In addition, you'd have to send the exercise stats via a companion app into the Web API if you want the sessions to appear in the dashboard.

If these are concerns, vote for this!

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes