Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sideloading App with CLI Tools - Consistent Timeout

Hi there,

For the past few days, I have not been able to install any builds with the CLI tool to my Fitbit Ionic device. Normally after issuing an install command to the Fitbit CLI, sideloading my app/clockface is instantaneous, however as of late the sideloading process has timed out each and every time I've tried it, leaving me unable to test any new code on my Ionic device.

App requires a device, connecting...
Auto-connecting only known device: Ionic
App requires a phone, connecting...
Auto-connecting only known phone: Motorola Moto Z (2)
Sideloading app: 1% completed
Install failed: RPC stream closed
fitbit$ install
No app package specified. Reloading ./build/app.fba.
Loaded appID:eef475e7-17ce-4c30-bcfa-5f3a570033aa buildID:0x02245960f6dca34e
App requires a device, connecting...
No devices are connected and available
fitbit$ 

Sideloading will run to a certain percentage, usually less than 10%, and proceed to print out 

Install failed: RPC stream closed

Although sometimes I'll get a stack trace with some explicit mention of a timeout, though I have not been able to reproduce that recently. 

I've rolled back code updates back to a state where the build/installation process worked and installation continues to timeout, so I believe I can rule out code issues from tampering with the install process. Also another thing to note, after timing out, the Fitbit will often lose connection to the Debugger, and take a very long time to reconnect. 

Anyone else experienced this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I'm embarrassed to ask, but have you tried shutting down and restarting watch and phone?

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Most definitely have. @Gondwana I get the need to ask though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes