Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulator running inside a virtual machine fails to load

Hi,

I uses Ubuntu, and is able to launch the simulator with wine. However, the setting UI works not so well (the AdditiveList, when edit, missing the delete icon) so I want to try if the simulator actually works ok on a "real" windows machine.

I have a Windows 10 running on KVM virtual machine. It has Internet connection (browser can access Internet). After installing simulator, I can login with my account, but then the simulator never loads. It always ends up "Dang / Simulator failed to start / TRY AGAIN". I checked log.log under "C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Fitbit OS Simulator", it always repeats

"MethodCallTimeout: No response received or RPC call to 'initialize'",

[info] shell->app: {'id':0, "method":"initialize", "params":{"capabilities":{"protocol":{"axMessageSize":536870912}}},"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

At the end it exhausted all the retries and "Simulator hosts failed to start: MethodCallTimeout: No response received for RPC call to 'initialize'"

I tried to disable firewall, tried to add the simulator to allowed applications of the firewall, tried to delete the "C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Fitbit OS Simulator" folder, tried to reinstall, tried to run the simulator as administrator, nothing works. 

Anyone please help?

Bing

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I also tried to use it inside the Windows Sandbox, and it didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It also doesn't work on Windows running in VirtualBox (which is running on Debian).

@JonFitbit - do you know of any solution to this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, also tried deleting local cached settings but it just spins on "Here We Go"...

Best Answer
0 Votes