Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow to start clockface or App.

ANSWERED

I have a schedule clockface that is slow to start. It is fine after it loads and is perfectly responsive; but it takes about 5 seconds to load when I update it from fitbit studio or if I start it as an app while I'm working on it.

[4:04:27 PM]App Started[HOST]
[4:04:32 PM]Kearsarge Time Started                 app://app/index.js:1

You can see it is about 5 seconds from start to my first line of code running. I am porting and re-engineering my pebble watchface that tells me what period it is and how much time I have remaining. The schedule data is held in it's own file and is a very large (187 lines) dictionary (python dev mostly) of arrays of dictionaries. I tried to keep it human readable and easily edited for use by other people and other schedules. I think this might be the culprit but I'm not sure. 

Here is my github page for it:

https://github.com/cmspooner/Kearsarge-Time-for-Fitbit-Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Beta 4 has effectively solved my issue. My start time is now 2 seconds from App Started to my first line of code. Whatever changes the team at Fitbit made under the hood have made quite an improvement; thank you!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I am currently facing the same issue. I too have large string arrays in my clock face (one string per day = 365 strings in total) and the app takes 4 - 5 seconds to load. So far I haven't found any way how to optimize this - I tried using 2D arrays, 1D arrays and even switch/case statements - it almost seems like the issue is not related to large arrays, but rather to  interpreting large javascript files.

Best Answer

Beta 4 has effectively solved my issue. My start time is now 2 seconds from App Started to my first line of code. Whatever changes the team at Fitbit made under the hood have made quite an improvement; thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes