Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching between my custom clock faces?

ANSWERED

Is there a way to switch between my custom-created clock faces without having to use Fibit studio?

I have two clockfaces which I decided to turn into apps so I can use them whenever I want too.

However when I select one of the clock apps, the clockface starts and works fine, but as soon as the screen goes off and on again, the face resets to the last stock clockface I used.

I know how to switch them by uninstalling one app via developer bridge but its a little annoying. Is there a way to do this just via the watch?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Create two projects in the Gallery Application Manager [you'll need different UUIDs].

Then you can load the projects to watch like any other published clock face except its a private link and not a published one.

You can get different UUIDs by building without a package.json, one with a new UUID will get created which you then adjust for the SDK version you want.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

On your watch there is a Clocks app.

Tap on it and  you can choose any clock face loaded on the watch.

Clock faces stay active once chosen.

Apps on the other hand will close automatically and revert to the last used clock face, so its possibly better to user Clock rather than App for your home made things if you want them to remain the main one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, thanks for clearing this up.

The problem with using it as a clockface is you can only have 1 custom clockface installed at any one time right?

So it's a pain to have to use Fitbit studio in order to switch to another custom clockface.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Create two projects in the Gallery Application Manager [you'll need different UUIDs].

Then you can load the projects to watch like any other published clock face except its a private link and not a published one.

You can get different UUIDs by building without a package.json, one with a new UUID will get created which you then adjust for the SDK version you want.

Best Answer

Okay great. I'll try this out. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes