Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Accelerometer and Gyroscope (Fitbit Ionic)

ANSWERED

Hey everyone,

I am developing an app on Fitbit Ionic which needs accelerometer and gyroscope data. I am using the built in sensor APIs with a sampling rate of 20 Hz with a batch size of 20. My problem is that if I do this:

acc.start()
gyro.start()

there is some asynchronity between the individual readouts of the sensors. Is there a way to synchronize them such that the gyro evaluates at the exact same timestamps as the accelerometer?
If not, what workaround would you suggest? My idea would be to check whether the initial readout of a gyro batch was in the same second as the corresponding accelerometer batch and then "glue" them together.

I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Best

Simon

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's come up before and I have a feature suggestion tracked internally for this.

I think the only way would be to merge the data into another array as you suggested.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It's come up before and I have a feature suggestion tracked internally for this.

I think the only way would be to merge the data into another array as you suggested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the quick reply. I would also highly appreciate such a feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any Updates to this? I need to have the gyro and acc reading data synced together at 100hz.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello, can anyone help me with my project? its related to this topic, i can pay. thanks

Best Answer