Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync with FatSecret app?

ANSWERED

Please, please, please consider making Fitbit sync with the FatSecret app so I can integrate daily workouts with food intake. It would greatly amplify the usefulness of Fitbit. Thank you!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit has their own food logging system. It also looks like Fatsecret has an API, so it would be possible to write a watch app to get your fat-secret data.

If you wanted to be really creative you could use the Fitbit web API to push fat-secret data to fitbits food logs.

...but that all seems like a lot more work then just switching to fitbits food log.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Fitbit has their own food logging system. It also looks like Fatsecret has an API, so it would be possible to write a watch app to get your fat-secret data.

If you wanted to be really creative you could use the Fitbit web API to push fat-secret data to fitbits food logs.

...but that all seems like a lot more work then just switching to fitbits food log.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, cmspooner. It’s just that I really like the FatSecret app, and have been using it for 3 weeks. You’re probably right, though—I should at least give the Fitbit food log a try. 

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer

Yes please!! 

Best Answer

Surprise! Suddenly Fitbit is syncing with FatSecret. No idea how, just grateful.

Best Answer

But not the other way round!

@NitaCMT wrote:

Surprise! Suddenly Fitbit is syncing with FatSecret. No idea how, just grateful.

Best Answer

I would love to see my food that I enter on Fatsecret appear on the Fitbit app. I've been using Fatsecret for many years so it has a lot of personalized food items that would be so much easier to continue using instead of re-entering all the food on Fitbit.

Best Answer

same for me

Best Answer

@Hellypop @NitaCMT Where do I setup FatSecret to Sync with Fitbit? 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems Fitbit suddenly stop working with Noom and FatSecret. It sounds like they decide to force us to use their own app instead of continuing syncing with others. So frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lulec wrote:

It seems Fitbit suddenly stop working with Noom and FatSecret. It sounds like they decide to force us to use their own app instead of continuing syncing with others. So frustrating. 

I'm not aware of their specific integration, but we don't appear to have any issues. https://www.fitbitstatus.com/

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also a fat secret user since 2010. I have tried several other food log app but fat secret is very user friendly so I kept coming back to it. Just bought a new fitbit, will be really great to get the food logged on fat secret to integrate with fitbit.

Best Answer

@mom-of-4kids is there a place we set this up in Fitbit or FatSecret? I'd agree, FatSecret appears to have more robust tracking, but with 7 years of every meal logged into Fitbit, I need a way to sync, vs. recreating meals, etc. separately, as I like having Fitbit being one place for at-a-glance reporting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Williger. Unfortunately I am also looking on how to integrate the two. It does look like it has not but I did emailed the Fat Secret support about it. I have received a response that they are always looking for new ideas how to serve their users better. I hope that means they will work on it. I do highly recommend to all Fat Secret users to email the Fat Secret support about this matter, the more voice the more we will get heard.

Best Answer

Hi - could you give me an email-address for Fat secret?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Sorry for the very delayed response. If you go to www.fatsecret.com then scroll to the bottom of the page there is a Contact us button that automatically generates an email form for you to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes