Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TXIExportOption and scaling...

Hi,

I am trying to send an image from companion to watch - a simple, monochrome image. (Actually a QR code.)

To make it readable, I obviously want it as big as possible (with a margin around the edge) and with pixels exactly mapped (to avoid averaging effects on the edges). The maths is easy... and I can supply images at any size I want with pixels exactly mapped.

BUT...

If I transfer the best size of image for display, the delay in reaching the watch is TOO SLOW and even I give up when it is my app...

I can send the minimal sized image and scale by an integer fraction BUT Fitbit scales in a blurry, averaged kinda way so that my sharp QR code edges are not only blurred but individual bars are visibly different sizes...

So I googled and found this...  https://dev.fitbit.com/blog/2020-07-07-advanced-image-processing/

It looks great - he reduced file size by using a monochrome variant of the image (that would ENTIRELY MEET MY PURPOSESbut then said nothing about HOW he achieved that!

Can anybody give me any pointers on how to either scale pixel perfect images exactly, treating each pixel as a block of size 1x1 and scaling it so that when scaled by 7 each pixel becomes a block of size 7x7?

Or can anybody give me any better documentation for TXIExportOption that includes the monochrome / greyscale magic that would allow me to reduce the properly sized image to something that will arrive on the watch before people give up?

Thanks,

Befuddled of Dublin

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0