Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature sensor - does it exist?

Fitbit Ionic manual mentions the facts that the ionic has a temperature sensor. 

Please confirm that this temperature sensor exists - this has been asked before and was confirmed -  and when an API will be released for it.

General Info & Specifications Sensors Fitbit Ionic contains the following sensors and motors: 
 A MEMS 3-axis accelerometer, which tracks your motion patterns 
 An altimeter, which tracks altitude changes 
 A GPS receiver with GLONASS, which tracks your location during a workout 
 An optical heart-rate tracker 
 Ambient light sensor 
 Temperature sensor

Thanks

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

hi Gavin,

I'm very new to fitbit, so verify what I say ... I received a Charge 2 gift last month. I saw that it has a barometer as part of the floor counting hardware.  I did a search for more details on that and found some tech site that did a tear down of Charge 2. It listed the vendor and model number for the barometer hardware.  Reading the 60 page hardware reference for it, it includes a temperature sensor.

I don't know anything about Ionic hardware.  Apparently there is no API for temperature currently. I also saw a comment that implied the temp sensor was close to wrist and wouldn't pick up ambient temperature. (though I wondered about just taking fitbit off for a few minutes)

I'm trying to get the app working to display barometric pressure.  Probably a lot of work compared to buying the Casio watch for $40.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I try to be more helpful with a earl and part number, the forum complains about bit c but isn't too helpful about what that might be.

Best Answer
0 Votes