Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Pebble or Not to Pebble

So I've recently taken an interest in buying a Smartwatch and after a lot of internet browsing and Amazon searching, the Pebble 2 SE has ended up at the top of my list: it's lightweight, it's simple, it costs less than $100 but lacks a few features I'd never care to have in the first place.

The only problem is, it's owned by FitBit and they're cutting support for the product at the end of June.

This seems a little strange to me: why would the Pebble be available for sale even though it's scheduled to be a dead product?  

I understand that Fitbit scalped Pebble so they could borrow from its interface, but to be honest, the Fitbit smartwatch design is horrid.  Its colors, layout, and overall feel are cheap and non-intuitive.  I want the Pebble, but sadly it's on its way out.

So what do you think?  Is it worth buying a Pebble 2 SE or are you all holding out for the Fitbit watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

To answer your first question: it's not uncommon for a third party to sell items that are no longer supported, it is called "clear the stock".

I honestly completely disagree with your statement " the Fitbit smartwatch design is horrid.  Its colors, layout, and overall feel are cheap and non-intuitive.". I owned a Pebble classic and a Pebble Time Steel and I have an opposite opinion: the Ionic has a beautiful design, elegant, definitely high quality and a beautiful display.

And finally: don't bother to buy the Pebble, it's being phased out.

Best Answer